In the year 2015 I flew 25 times. Most of these flights were from Boston to Prague, but there were a couple of awesome new destinations, like Turkey. Spending so much time on airplanes can be difficult, so here are some travel tips that might make traveling a little easier.
What to bring
- Travel documents
- Neck pillow
- Noise canceling headphones
- Extra battery/charger or both
- Fuzzy socks
- Warm sweater
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Pens – for immigrations forms
- Face cream
- Hairbrush for airplane hair
Pack all this in a carry-on bag that won’t break – purses with broken straps are not fun when you’ve got a 10 hour journey ahead of you.
Bonus tip: if you’re going on vacation or traveling with an airline that’s famous for losing luggage, have one complete outfit ready in your carry on, possibly a bathing suit (again, if you’re going on vacation) so that in case your luggage does get lost, you can still enjoy your first day at your destination.
- Get there early! Don’t get too cocky, you never know what can go wrong
- Have all of your documents ready for check-in and passport control
- Have all of your belongings ready for security check, so have all of your liquids in a plastic bag and have your laptop out
- Don’t wear jewelry, so you don’t have to take everything off at security
- Watch movies – great time to catch up on what you have missed
- Be polite! The flight attendants will be even nicer to you if you ask them politely
- FLUIDS! HYDRATION!
- Bring a snack in case the airplane food is less than desirable
- Every once in a while, stretch (but not so that you annoy your co-travelers)
- Sleep on the plane
- Try not to nap after you get to your destination, it will just make it more difficult to get used to the local time
I hope these tips are useful! Add more of your own tips in the comments!